Every body, every woman, and every pregnancy, even each of her own can be beautifully unique. If you're like me and started experiencing swelling during the second trimester, you're not alone. I noticed swelling in my hands around week 20- 22. I was really disheartened when I couldn't wear my wedding ring/band anymore. I had THE moment when you go to take your rings off and you freak out because it doesn't look like you'll be able to take them off (yikes!!! and I never want that to happen again).
There are a lot of different options:
- not wear a ring(s)----for me- totally not an option unless I'm going to the gym with my hubby
- purchase another gold/silver ring---- which I'm not a fan of because it's not a need and I'd rather concentrate on spending on Lily
- purchase really inexpensive stackable rings from Loft ----I considered it, but I didn't want to spend on something I would use for a short time and would likely quickly turn my finger green- remind anyone of their high school years!?
- tattoo- kiddddinnngggg! (Just seeing if you were still reading!)
- My favorite option: wear a family ring (or other nice ring) that didn't fit you before----I ended up trying on a ring I'd been given and was pleasantly surprised when it fit me. I've been doing this and it's been wonderful! Also, because the ring was just a tinge too big it's been something thats grown with me.
My second favorite option- snag a necklace and put the pendant in a safe place. Use the chain to house your wedding ring(s) and wear it around your neck. If you're sentimental or your husband is, it could be a really good option for you and remind each of you of the beautiful covenant of marriage! This way you're still wearing the ring(s) and you also didn't spend any money to do so!
P.s. If you're wondering what the back drop is, its an oversized lumbar throw pillow- in English a rectangular pillow- from Target.
A friend told me about the Qalo ring which is a single silicone ring you can buy and because they make a few different textures/looks you can totally stack them. It's a great inexpensive option under $12 (and it won't turn your finger green!) These rings come in so many different colors and three designs so happy choosing :)
If you like the Qalo ring and your budget can hang at $19.99 this is a little classier of an option in my opinion. These rings only come in four colors: red, navy, green, and white. Babe, if you're reading this I like the red and also the white one ;)
Do you have any creative way(s) you've been able to wear your wedding ring(s) during a season of your life where they didn't fit!? I'd love to hear about it.